Located in the Katahdin Region at the base of Mt. Katahdin and Baxter State Park, Millinocket Regional Hospital, a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital, has an immediate opening for a Controller.
Required Experience, Skills, Qualifications
- Hospital Experience
- Medicare and third-party payer knowledge, experience with Medicare cost reporting
- Strong understanding of general ledger accounting
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and financial systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (can articulate his/her point of view clearly)
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize; detail oriented
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete projects independently within established time frames
- A four (4) year degree in accounting or related field is required. CPA, MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting preferred
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates hospital activities concerned with General Accounting
- Coordinate the management of accounting and business office functions
- Oversee the general ledger and related accounting activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies
- Assist with accounts payable and approval of vendor payments
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including year-end audit support and assist in the preparation of internal and external consolidated financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, Medicare/Maine Care Cost Reports, audits, etc.
This is a Full Time, Salaried position, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a competitive wage and benefit package offered.
With a reputation to be proud of, Millinocket Regional Hospital has been recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review for various accomplishments including:
- Named on the “100 Great Community Hospital” list
- Named as one of “50 Critical Access Hospital’s to Know”
- CMS Five Star rating for Patient Experience
Qualified applicants please apply online and send resume to:
Vice President of Human Resources
MILLINOCKET REGIONAL HOSPITAL
200 Somerset Street
Millinocket, Maine 04462
E.O.E. and Service Provider
Position Type: Salary
If you have any questions regarding this posting or others, please contact the Department of Human Resources at (207) 723-7275. 200 Somerset St, Millinocket Maine, 04462.