Our interventional pain practice, led by Dr. Jonathan Herland,D.Sc., M.D. and Andrea Sewall, FNP, is devoted to the diagnosis and targeted treatment of chronic pain; usually of spinal origin.
Our patients typically have chronic, consistent, focal pain which has not responded to conservative care (e.g. physical therapy, manual methods, medication). A physical evaluation and diagnostic imaging are essential in to developing a diagnosis and treatment plan.
If appropriate, targeted injections are performed for diagnostic and/or therapeutic purposes. Depending upon results, injection or denervation can be repeated as needed. Alternatively, patients can be returned to conservative care or referred to another specialist.
Our interventional pain management team evaluates and treats numerous conditions including:
- Cervical radiculopathy
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs
- Joint pain (Knee, shoulder, hip)
- Lateral epicondylitis (Tennis elbow)
- Lower back pain
- Medial epicondylitis (Golf elbow)
- Muscular trigger points
- Neck pain
- Osteoarthritis of hip, knee or spine
- Peripheral neuropathy (e.g. intercostal, occipital, ulnar, femoral, peroneal, meralgia paresthetica)
- Piriformis syndrome
- Post laminectomy syndrome
- Post spinal fusion pain
- Rib fractures
- Rotator cuff injuries/tears/syndrome
- Shingles/Post-herpetic neuralgia pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Sports injuries
- Trigger point injections
Hours of Operation:
Pain management evaluations are conducted every Wednesday by Andrea Sewall, FNP. Dr. Herland administers pain management interventions as needed; at the minimum of once a month.
*Please note: Though this clinic is located at Walk-In Care, this is not a walk-in service. Referrals and scheduled appointments are required for pain management patients.
MRH Walk-In Care
87 Main Street
East Millinocket, ME 04430
Phone: (207) 447-4700
Fax: (207) 447-4730