The swing bed program is designed to enable the patient to “swing” from acute care to rehab. level of care during their hospital stay. Medicare and most insurances cover the cost of swing services, but your individual situation will be investigated prior to your admission. Medicare requires that you have a consecutive three day qualifying hospital stay to be eligible for coverage and admission to swing must be within 30 days of your acute hospitalization. Your case manager should be able to assist you with any coverage questions you might have.
What is included?
Your stay in the MRH swing program may include but is not limited to the following services:
- Physician visits at least 2 times per week, more often is needed
- Nursing services 24 hours per day
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Activities are provided in a group and individually
- Clergy visits if desired
- Dietary consults
- Respiratory therapy
- Pharmacy services
What to bring with you?
You will want to have comfortable clothing and shoes for walking.
Clothing that is easy to get off and on and comfotable for exercising and activities of daily living training.
Discharge from Swing Program
All discharge needs are coordinated by the case maanager, depending on the ongoing care and support needed.
Appropriate information and reports are given to the caregivers involved in post discharge.
The Patients We Serve
- Orthopaedics, joint repair or replacement
- Post-surgical and post medical recovery
- I.V. Therapies, central lines, TPN
- Wound Management
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- End of life care for I.V. symptom control and pain management.