HOUSE CHARGE NURSE
$5000 SIGN ON BONUS!
IMMEDIATE OPENING: House Charge Nurse for EMERGENCY DEPT, MED/SURG, SCU
Responsible for assuring the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well-being of all patients throughout the organization on assigned shift. Plans, coordinates, and participates in all departmental activities. Is the designated on-site nursing resource after normal business hours. Participates in the daily functions of the hospital. Maintains open communication with all staff. This position requires a sound knowledge of nursing practice in multiple departments. Must be able to critically think and be available to any department if the need arises.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Licensure in the State of Maine as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Five (5) years clinical nursing experience preferred. Previous critical care or ER experience strongly preferred. Broad understanding of patient care processes. Able to manage high stress situations, prioritize based on care needs, delegate appropriately, and effectively multi-task. Must be flexible with work scheduling. Involves discretion and independent action within prescribed limits.
- Assists Director of Inpatient Services and Chief Nursing Officer to ensure that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Maine, ANA Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice.
- Consults with the nursing administrative team regarding staffing issues daily.
- Determines staffing for the shift based on staffing matrices and applicable policies.
- Personally evaluates departmental acuity when making staffing decisions.
- Communicates to the directors of the departments any observed absenteeism or tardiness.
- Conducts frequent rounds throughout the organization to ensure appropriate functioning of Nursing operations to include MED/SURG, SCU, and ED and assist where needed.
- Informs the administrator on-call of any anticipated and/or actual issues/problems.
- Maintains currency with respect to all new policies and procedures published. .
- Supports a positive work environment by guiding employees to support the mission of the hospital, providing development opportunities, and encouraging teamwork.
- Acts as resource through the hospital after hours to ensure the care departments have the supplies the need to accomplish their assigned jobs.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and solve problems, uses initiative and sound judgment to reach quality decisions.
HOURS OF WORK: Full Time, 36 hours per week, 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Interested Applicants, please apply online or send resume to:
Department of Human Resources
MILLINOCKET REGIONAL HOSPITAL
200 Somerset Street
Millinocket, Maine 04462
(207) 723-5161, ext. 275
E.O.E. and Service Provider
Access to excellence in health care
Position Type: Hourly - Full Time
If you have any questions regarding this posting or others, please contact the Department of Human Resources at (207) 723-7275. 200 Somerset St, Millinocket Maine, 04462.