On behalf of Millinocket Regional Hospital, we invite you to join us for a Health & Wellness Fair on April 30, 2016, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Stearns High School Wentworth Gymnasium in Millinocket. The theme is ‘A Healthy Community for a Healthy Future’ and with the participation of over 70 vendors from across the region, we will aim to fulfill the following objectives:
- Connect the people of the Katahdin Region with local health and wellness resources
- Create a healthier community through health awareness and disease prevention by providing health screenings and educational information
- Motivate attendees of all ages to take positive steps toward healthier habits and behaviors
This FREE event will cater to everyone; ranging in age from young children to experienced adults. There will be a wide variety of topics covered; some of which range from outdoor wellness activities and services for the aging to financial and economic health. In addition, an array of screenings will be offered at no charge; including but not limited to, blood pressure checks, pre-diabetes screenings, bone density scans and pulse oximetry readings.
Don’t forget to bring the kids! The Children’s Area will include interactive stations with educational themes pertaining to how the body works, nutrition, wellness, hand washing and much, much more!
Join us for fun – and educational – Saturday!
We would like to thank the following organizations for their sponsorship and support:
- Partnership for a Healthy Northern Penobscot
- Katahdin Valley Health Center
- Katahdin Federal Credit Union
- Bangor Savings Bank
- In-Home Care
- Representative Steve Stanley
- Katahdin Area Chamber of Commerce