Health Advisory: CORONAVIRUS-19 (COVID-19)
Date: March 30, 2020
Contact: Millinocket Regional Hospital Patient Concerns — 207-723-7233
MRH IS CURRENTLY CLOSED TO VISITORS
Effective immediately 3/19/2020: All entry to Millinocket Regional Hospital must be through the main entrance on the upper level. An alternate entry point is the lower level Somerset Street entrance, open Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm only. Employees and patients will be screened upon entry, including obtaining temperature and a check for respiratory symptoms.
If you believe you may have been exposed or are otherwise showing symptoms of COVID-19, please call your provider.
As of March 30, 2020, Maine has identified a total of 275 cases of COVID-19. The distribution of these cases by county are as follows:
|County of Residence||Confirmed Cases||Recovered||Hospitalizations||Deaths|
Last updated March 30, 2020 at 1:12 pm
We’re closely monitoring this situation and will provide updates as new information becomes available.
MRH is actively preparing for a potential outbreak in our community. Learn more in our letter to MRH family and friends.
The best way to prevent infections is to avoid exposure. To that end, the CDC recommends these steps:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, especially when out in public
- Avoid contact with people who are sick and stay home if you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away
- Clean and disinfect “high touch” areas in your surroundings frequently using regular household cleaning spray or wipes
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not recommend the general public wear a mask to prevent COVID-19. Stocking up on masks could create a shortage for healthcare facilities, making it more difficult to safely care for patients.
When COVID-19 hits our community, let’s be prepared!